Dear Carlisle Students, Apprentices, and Families,
I wanted to update you all on our program plans in light of COVID-19. This is a challenging time for all, and we are looking out for the health and safety of our staff and students in this situation. Based on the latest CDC guidance on social distancing, we have decided to make adjustments to our program activities and calendar. The current plan is:
- Suspend all current recreational instruction for the next 2 weeks until March 30th, at which time we will reassess resuming those classes.
- Delay the opening day for Carlisle’s spring term by 30 days, which puts us at a start date of April 27th. This impacts Hippotherapy, Adaptive/Para Sports, Academic Field Placements, and Mental Health & Wellness Programs. The original registration deadline of March 23rd still stands, and if you have a pending CCF scholarship request, you will be hearing from the Foundation by next week. Award adjustments will be taken into consideration.
- The Apprentice Training scheduled for March 26th will be postponed. Date TBD.
- While farm personnel will be onsite for daily stall maintenance and horse care, program staff will work from home and teleconference over the next two weeks to prepare curriculum, schedule, and ongoing administration. By the first week in April, the full staff plans to return to the farm for horse training, conditioning, and seasonal prep.
We will continue to provide regular updates as the situation evolves. On behalf of the staff and horses, please stay healthy and well, and we look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thank you for your support.
March 14, 2020