Pony Club Riding Center Program
Carlisle Academy is honored to be named a United States Pony Club Riding Center within the Northeast Region. Pony Club is one of the leading equestrian organizations in the world and offers the motivated rider access to internationally-recognized mounted and unmounted horsemanship curricula. Through a series of standards and the Pony Club rating system, along with sanctioned horse shows and rallies, Pony Clubbers receive quality instruction and access to various disciplines of their choice such as dressage, eventing, vaulting, and hunter-jumper. Additionally, the youth and adults involved in our Pony Club Program have the opportunity to take on service-learning apprenticeships at the Academy, helping in the Therapy Program as sidewalkers, lesson assistants, and equine assistants. Participants must be age and ability eligible and maintain a national and regional membership in order to participate in Carlisle’s Pony Club program.
The Pony Club mission to, “develop character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.” Core values include:
- Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence.
- Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, responsibility, leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment.
- Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork.
- Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism.
- Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others.
PONY CLUB YOUTH PROGRAM is open to eligible youth ages 7-25 and is offered within Carlisle’s ongoing season. The program takes place at the academy and is led by Carlisle’s nationally certified teaching staff. Pony Club will meet typically monthly for stable management instruction and mounted lessons, and may include guest instructors, games, and exploring other equestrian sport tracks. Participants may truck in their own horses as well as have access to Carlisle lesson horses. Pony Clubbers may also choose to pursue offsite competitions at PC rallies and shows. Additional competition and entry fees may apply.
Fees & Enrollment Options:
Pony Club participants must attend 10 Mandatory Pony Club Meetings, on Saturdays from 9am-3pm during the winter, spring, and fall sessions (includes unmounted instruction) – prepaid at beginning of year. Dates are pre-determined, call FMI, or download the flyer here.
Carlisle fees are $750 for all the mandatory PC meetings for the year.
- Regional dues are $15 per person annually
- National Pony Club fees are $120-$140 (depending upon first time or renewal fees)
Non-mandatory Monday, Friday or Saturday PC lessons are offered weekly by sign up. Priced as Regular Recreation lessons.
- Additional riding opportunities are available by session and include Partner Horse Program, PC Camp, rallies, shows, and clinics. Additional costs apply.
- Additional unmounted educational opportunities: field trips, volunteer days, etc.
For PC Partner Horse Program, PC Summer Session and Camp Week details, please email for more details.