Sports Program Info & Enrollment
Learning & Growth
Carlisle Academy is a designated Pony Club Riding Center and recognized as an International Para-Equestrian Dressage Center of Excellence by the United States Equestrian Federation and the United States Para-Equestrian Association.
Our Sports is staffed by a team of nationally certified instructors and internationally qualified coaches. We offer recreational, adaptive, and para-equestrian sports for youth and adults within an inclusive, community-building environment. The Sports Program has a distinct sport orientation offering both educational and competitive opportunities. It is an innovative complement to our Therapy Program, enhanced by the availability of Carlisle’s on-staff physical, occupational, and recreational therapists who can provide athlete consultation on functional movement, strength, and equipment needs.
As part of our Core Values…
We believe that integration of therapy and sports programs promotes social inclusion, family cohesion, community building, and richness in learning.
Hours of Operation/Season
Sports Program Days: Monday – Saturday, 10-6
See the current calendar for specific dates.
Sports Program Eligibility & Enrollment Process
Sports Programs are open to any able-bodied rider/driver and rider/drivers with disabilities seeking a competitive and/or independent sports track is eligible to apply for enrollment. Generally speaking, riders begin traditional lessons no younger than age 5.
For the health of our horses and the safety of our riders and side walkers, we generally do not accommodate riders in excess of 200 lbs. in mounted sessions. If it is determined that a rider does not have the requisite balance to stay astride the horse, a mounted program is not appropriate. Alternative means of interaction with horses, such as grooming or adaptive carriage driving, will be recommended for individuals who would still like to participate in an equine-facilitated activity.
There are additional steps that students must meet before we can enroll them in our program.
- The first step is to contact the office to discuss space availability and program suitability (207-985-0374, email@example.com).
- We will determine eligibility and assists the necessary paperwork including insurance benefits and other funding resources as needed, including scholarships through our charitable partner, the Carlisle Charitable Foundation.
- An intake and evaluation meeting will be scheduled with the appropriate Carlisle staff to find an appropriate program type.
- Once the necessary paperwork is completed, the student is enrolled in an upcoming session or placed on a waiting list, either on a per diem basis or for a complete session. No student may begin a session until the necessary forms are received.
- Enrollment midway through a session is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please, read the following information carefully, and contact our office if you have any questions.
- Review Program & Payment Policies
- Review Program Options (see above)
- Review Tuition & Calendar
- The following documents must be completed and sent to Carlisle Academy
(click to download PDFs):