Sports Program Info & Enrollment
Learning & Growth
Carlisle Academy is a designated Pony Club Riding Center and recognized as an International Para-Equestrian Dressage Center of Excellence by the United States Equestrian Federation and the United States Para-Equestrian Association.
Our Sports is staffed by a team of nationally certified instructors and internationally qualified coaches. We offer recreational, adaptive, and para-equestrian sports for youth and adults within an inclusive, community-building environment. The Sports Program has a distinct sport orientation offering both educational and competitive opportunities. It is an innovative complement to our Therapy Program, enhanced by the availability of Carlisle’s on-staff physical, occupational, and recreational therapists who can provide athlete consultation on functional movement, strength, and equipment needs.
As part of our Core Values…
We believe that integration of therapy and sports programs promotes social inclusion, family cohesion, community building, and richness in learning.
Hours of Operation/Season
Sports Program Days: Monday – Saturday, 10-6
See the current calendar for specific dates.
Sports Program Eligibility & Enrollment Process
Sports Programs are open to able-bodied riders, and riders with disabilities seeking a competitive and/or independent sports track. Generally speaking, riders begin traditional lessons no younger than age 5.
There are additional steps that students must meet before we can enroll them in our program.
- The first step is to contact the office to discuss space availability and program suitability (207-985-0374, Susan Grant).
- The office staff assists the student/family with accessing the necessary paperwork on the Carlisle website.
- Once the necessary paperwork is completed, the student is enrolled in an upcoming session, either on a per diem basis or for a complete session. No student may begin a session until the necessary forms are received.
- For the health and welfare of our horses, we do not accommodate riders in excess of 200 lbs. in mounted sessions, and require a signed form indicating weight and height. Signed physician’s forms are also required for sports riders with known injuries or conditions who want to return to riding/driving post injury or begin for the first time.
Please, read the following information carefully, and contact our office if you have any questions.
- Review Program & Payment Policies
- Review Program Options (see above)
- Review Tuition & Calendar
- The following documents must be completed and sent to Carlisle Academy
(click to download PDFs):