These policies exist to maintain a safe and professional environment. PLEASE REVIEW THESE POLICIES CAREFULLY.
- The first step is to contact the office to discuss space availability and program suitability (207-985-0374, email@example.com).
- Schedule a farm visit to have a tour and discuss program options.
-All Program & Payment Polices below.
–COVID-19 Protocols/Infection Control Policies
- Submit the Required Documents.
Tuition Payments & Credits
- Tuition is based on a per diem fee or the full session, as indicated on the tuition sheet.
- Students are billed monthly.
- Students receiving a CCF award must pay their balance before the start of the session.
- All agencies/schools are billed monthly, unless other contract terms have been established.
- If a student is unable to pay the balance in the time requested, a payment plan will be established with the office.
- A student may not enroll in another session until their balance is paid in full, or it is established that their payment plan extends beyond this time frame.
- Carlisle Academy is an out-of-network provider for all insurances policies with the exception of Maine Community Health Options. Families will be provided with a packet of information on how to file their own claims.
- Students/Interns who also participate as a Sidewalking Apprentice (see Apprentice Program) will receive a 10% lesson discount.
- For multiple family members enrolled per session, a 10% discount will be applied to the second member’s balance.
- No further discounts are applied to pre-paid lesson packages (already discounted) with the exception of a multiple family discount (see above).
- Students who sign up for a weekly group time or private lesson are reserving that scheduled time, and therefore will be responsible for payment in full without 24 hour notice, unless there is an excused absence. Excused absences must be cleared by the Head of School and may entail medical emergencies and transportation issues.
- If a cancellation is initiated by Carlisle Academy due to weather, staff illness, or equine illness, a credit towards future lessons or refunds are permitted.
Student Dismissal & Discharge Policy
It is at the discretion of Carlisle Academy’s Head of School to accept or remove a student from the program. Possible grounds for dismissal or discharge may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct endangering another student, staff, horse, or themselves.
- Consistent failure to follow safety procedures with respect to the horses and facility.
- Exceeding rider weight restrictions of approximately 190 pounds, impacting equine welfare.
- A change in medical condition should it be determined that it is no longer safe or beneficial for a rider to continue.
- Continued failure to show up for scheduled time or excessive lateness.
Attire & General Information
- Students are required to wear riding helmets during all mounted portions of their lessons. Carlisle Academy can provide students with a properly fitted ASTM-SEI approved riding helmet. Students who wish to use their own helmet must present it to a staff member for approval. The helmet cannot be more than 5 years old and must bear the ASTM- SEI certified seal.
- All saddles are equipped with breakaway safety stirrups. Students using stirrups are encouraged to wear riding boots or hard-soled shoes with a heel.
- The Academy has a collection of boots and breeches to lend out to students for a season.
- A unisex, handicapped accessible public toilet is located on the farm property.
- Smoking is not allowed on the farm property.
- Handicapped parking signs are located near the arenas and lesson barn.
- Please do not bring your dog to the farm unless it’s a service dog or you have spoken to the farm owners first.
- When you arrive, go to the arena where your lesson is taking place, established during the site tour or visit the farm office if unsure.
- Your child (and additional friends/siblings must be supervised at all times, outside of lesson times. If your child is dropped off/picked up, please communicate with staff regarding their arrival and departure. There is an outside swing set and toys in the viewing room available to children.
- Safety Around Horses:
- No one other than Carlisle Academy staff are allowed into horse pastures.
- Equine vision is unique and items such as umbrellas, balloons, kites or quick and sudden movements outside of the ring can frighten our horses.
- Normal voices must be used around our horses.
- Treat Week! Do not hand feed our horses. The last week of each session is “Treat Week” and you may bring carrots or apples at that time.
- The Academy is also a working farm, which means there is often heavy equipment in use and other livestock (sheep, chickens, draft horses) kept on the property. Please be cognizant of these activities when moving about the farm.