Dear Carlisle Community,
We hope that you are well and managing through this summer. It is one day at a time for every person, school, and business. We are thinking of you all.
We are entering the second month of summer session with fall registration right around the corner. We have operated at 35% during our Phase 2, and thought we would be ready for Phase 3 in September. However, given the continued unknowns of the pandemic, we are staying at Phase 2 with the current COVID protocols in place and only increasing student capacity to 50%. Further, the hippotherapy and adaptive programs will run for 8 weeks, September 8 – October 31st, the warmest months of the fall, rather than 12 weeks. The Carlisle Charitable Foundation will allocate its scholarship funding accordingly. Recreational/traditional riding lessons will continue on a monthly rolling basis.
What does that mean for you and programming?
- Click here to review our original Phase 2 Plan & Safety Protocols.
- We will continue with 30 minute hippotherapy sessions, with no inside PT or OT.
- Open air arenas will be utilized, with windows open, even as it gets a bit colder.
- We will continue to stagger lessons and create a 15 minute buffer for cleaning tack in between sessions and keeping groups of people from overlapping.
- Sidewalkers will continue to be primarily household members, with the exception of student interns.
- There will be no year-end horse show.
- We may not be able to accommodate every student request given our reduced staffing and schedule, and priority will go to existing students.
- The CCF scholarship deadline is August 10th. If you received a spring scholarship that wasn’t used due to COVID, please indicate to CCF directly your intention of staying in the scholarship pool, and your ability to pay the $200 co-pay for an 8-week fall session (versus 12 weeks). Their info is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Carlisle Academy fall deadline is August 17th. Please be in touch with me as soon as you know your intention to attend for the fall. You can also fill out the online registration here. https://carlisleacademymaine.com/individual-enrollment-form/
Thank you for understanding our need to have a smaller footprint for the equestrian program at this time. We continue to seek ways to utilize the farm and equine resources for the sustainability of the program and health of the whole.
Sarah & Nick Armentrout
August 10, 2020
Categorised in: Program Updates