ENROLLMENT INFORMATION & PROCESS
- Carlisle Academy operates year-round with scheduled break weeks. Please see annual calendar for details. Students may opt out of certain months of the year, however scheduling preference will be given to annually enrolled students.
- The first step in enrollment is to contact the Carlisle Academy office to discuss space availability and program suitability (207-985-0374, firstname.lastname@example.org). The enrollment documents will be reviewed at that time as well.
- If the program is suitable and there is an opening in the schedule, Carlisle will schedule an farm tour to discuss program options.
- All required documents will need to be received by the office prior to starting lessons. (Click here for Riding Center Enrollment forms or Wellness Enrollment forms)
- Please review all policies, including COVID-19 policies prior to attending
- Lesson fees are based on per diem rates or a pre-paid block of lessons, due at the time of service or the start of a new lesson block.
- A student may not enroll in another session until their balance is paid in full, or it is established that their payment plan extends beyond this time frame.
- For multiple family members enrolled per session, a 10% discount will be applied to the second member’s balance.
- No further discounts are applied to pre-paid lesson packages (already discounted) with the exception of a multiple family discount (see above).
- Students who sign up for a weekly group time or private lesson are reserving that scheduled time, and therefore will be responsible for payment in full without 24-hour notice, unless there is an excused absence. Excused absences must be cleared by the Head of School and may entail medical emergencies and transportation issues.
- If a cancellation is initiated by Carlisle Academy due to weather, staff illness, or equine illness, a credit towards future lessons or refunds are permitted.
Student Dismissal & Discharge Policy
It is at the discretion of Carlisle Academy’s Head of School to accept or remove a student from the program. Possible grounds for dismissal or discharge may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct endangering another student, staff, horse, or themselves.
- Consistent failure to follow safety procedures with respect to the horses and facility.
- Exceeding rider weight restrictions of approximately 190 pounds, impacting equine welfare.
- A change in medical condition should it be determined that it is no longer safe or beneficial for a rider to continue.
- Continued failure to show up for scheduled time or excessive lateness.
- A unisex, handicapped accessible public toilet is located on the farm property.
- Smoking is not allowed on the farm property.
- Handicapped parking signs are located near the arenas and lesson barn.
- Please do not bring your dog to the farm unless it’s a service dog or you have spoken to the farm owners first.
- When you arrive, go to the arena where your lesson is taking place, established during the site tour or visit the farm office if unsure.
- Your child (and additional friends/siblings must be supervised at all times, outside of lesson times. If your child is dropped off/picked up, please communicate with staff regarding their arrival and departure. There is an outside swing set and toys in the viewing room available to children.
- Safety Around Horses:
- No one other than Carlisle Academy staff are allowed into horse pastures.
- Equine vision is unique and items such as umbrellas, balloons, kites or quick and sudden movements outside of the ring can frighten our horses.
- Normal voices must be used around our horses.
- Treat Week! Do not hand feed our horses. The last week of each session is “Treat Week” and you may bring carrots or apples at that time.
- The Academy is also a working farm, which means there is often heavy equipment in use and other livestock (sheep, chickens, draft horses) kept on the property. Please be cognizant of these activities when moving about the farm.
Carlisle Academy is following the Maine State CDC recommendations for safety and prevention from the COVID-19 virus. We are tracking COVID-19 levels in our county and will adjust our policy accordingly.
Our updated policy as of 3/9/22 is as follows:
- Carlisle Academy at Spring Creek Farm is a mask-optional campus for all persons regardless of vaccination status.
- Those who are immunocompromised should continue to use a mask at their discretion.
- Participants should not attend programs if they feel sick or are symptomatic. If any individual tests positive for COVID-19, they must follow the CDC guidelines for recovery time and return to activities.
- We will continue to routinely clean and disinfect all common areas. Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the setting, as well as two designated sinks for handwashing (by office and lower tack room).